Translate

Friday, September 20, 2013

Heaven Awaits - Repost



This is something I wrote in 2008. It is good to look back and see how far we have come. I did not post this on this blog, but it is something I wanted to repost. You never know who needs some encouragement.


Heaven Awaits - January 22, 2008

Today I opened the survey results for the name choice for the non profit I wanted to start through Tranquil Elegance by Danyael to help domestic violence survivors to succeed.  I looked in the spot where it said other comments and suggestions and there it was plain as day.  “There is a place for you in Heaven Danyael.” That one sentence made me sit still and look at life in a different perspective. 

My life has changed in so many ways since March 17, 2007.  I can open my eyes and see life so differently.  I can appreciate the small things that I once took for granted.  When we live our lives in chaos, we miss the gifts that God has given us.  I had lost touch with, my friends and family, my independence, creativity and most of all my spirituality. 

Here I was chasing after someone that didn’t really have a clue what marriage and fidelity was all about.  I put my whole being, my love, my life into someone who didn’t deserve or understand the gift God had given him.  When we lose sight of God, we lose so much.  Even though the actions of my ex-husband and I were very different, we were alike in one way.  We did not give the glory and worship to God.  If I had looked to God first and followed his will for me, things could have been so different. 

I do realize that holding on to so much baggage can also cause us to be lost.  Since I decided that God would be first in my life no matter what happens or who comes into my life, my spirit has changed drastically.  I am learning to let go of those things that hold me captive to the past.  Those unspeakable deeds that have been done to me by people since childhood as well as unspeakable things I have done myself.  I am accepting that these things have happened to me but I don’t have to be a slave to it.  I can deal with those issues and move on.  I don’t know if I would be the person I am today if I had not gone through those things.

I do know that God has sent many people into this story I call my life who have helped me through ordeals, or gave me a push, or just a shoulder to cry on.  I am no longer afraid to admit that bad things have happened to me, but I can use those experiences to help someone else.  I don’t do things anymore to try to please someone or because someone will like me more.  I do these things because this is what God has put on my heart to do now that I am being obedient and listening to him. 

We all must began to embrace who we are for God made us just the way he wanted us to be.  So those words “There is a place for you in Heaven Danyael” resonates with me.  Only now that I have changed my whole life can I look at those words and really believe them.  I know that as long as I continue to do God’s work from my heart and not for greed, fame, or recognition that there is a place in heaven for me.

Danyael M. Cheairs

There came a time
when the risk to remain tight in a bud
was more painful
than the risk it took to blossom
Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment