Translate

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stop Holding On To Anger

Are you mad? Are you are bitter? Do you hate someone? Do you feel wronged? Think about how that is affecting you; mind, body and soul. So the person that claimed they loved you left. The person who said they wouldn't hurt you did. The person that was supposed to be your friend stabbed you in the back. 

You can not control the actions of others unfortunately. I was taught this a few years ago. People are going to be who they are going to be. You did nothing to make them that way. They make their own decisions and plan their own actions.

What you have to learn is to stop giving these people your power. You are walking around here bitter and mad at the world. Guess what? They are going on about their lives without a care in the world. So holding on to this baggage is getting you no where.

I have had some people do some terrible things to me in my lifetime. I let it affect me deeply to the point where I took my health and many other things in my life for granted. I had to come to terms that I had to let the baggage go. I had to forgive those who had wronged me so that I could move on with my life.

I have wasted years of my life feeling sorry for myself. I figured out one thing and that is I can't do anything about the past. I can't change what has already happened. What I can do is change how I let those things affect me. In changing my outlook and moving past these issues, life has been so much better for me.

Stop holding on to that baggage. You can forgive but you definitely don't have to forget. Take back your life today. Take back your power today so you can start living. ~Danyael M. Cheairs

No comments:

Post a Comment